Kanazawa still retains the culture of the Kaga Hyakumangoku Clan. Kanazawa Ryotei preserves traditional culinary culture, flavor, taste, and sentiment of the old days. Two hour-visit to Kanazawa Ryotei will give you a deep understanding of Kanazawa.
Cherishing the culture of accomplishments
- ⇒Hatsugama (New Year’s first tea ceremony) and tea ceremony dishes
- ⇒Ceremonial functions, such as a wedding based on the tea ceremony, and other traditional ceremonies in Kanazawa.
Versatile use of space
- ⇒Traditional Japanese architecture and Japanese-style rooms
- ⇒Meticulously cared for Japanese gardens and Yukitsuri (bamboo “umbrellas” used to protect trees from snow damage)
Creation of an aesthetic sense
- ⇒Decoration of rooms with calligraphy, antiques and flower arrangement.
- ⇒Performance and hospitality of Geiko (traditional female entertainers)
Arena for cuisine and craftsmanship
- ⇒Cuisine served by cooks who have mastered techniques in preparing Kaga cuisine
- ⇒Cuisine made of local luxury ingredients, and local sake
- ⇒Cuisine beautifully served on art craft plateware
What is needed to be qualified as Kanazawa Ryotei;